I think the time of anonymous comments should come to an end.
If you think your commenting anonymously your sadly mistaken. Two clicks of Google application and your IP address that is logged with each comment can be tracked to previous IP addresses used on that blog.
What? You thought you were being incredibly sneaky creating a junk hotmail account and using that instead. Tut Tut how foolish do you think bloggers are.
I guarantee 99% of anonymous comments are not random people who happen to stumble upon your blog at that very minute you post something they disagree with. They are regular followers who don't want to out themselves as a troll or a bitch whichever may apply.
So...Anonymous next time you decide to unleash on a blogger in a post but then love them in the previous post and possibly the one after under your real name you can and will be FOUND OUT.
If it was me, I would totally call you out on it and NAME and SHAME you. Other bloggers are far nicer than I am. (I totally know Clare will be shaking her head saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all)
This is my view. If you strongly disagree with someone enough to write a rant about their post then you should have no problem putting your real name to it. I have disagreed with bloggers I adore and have had no problem in stating my opinion when asked for. As long as you state your opinion in a articulate polite manner, I don't imagine any blogger is going to mind. Especially if they called for thoughts or comments. Normally the topic is quite controversial and the blogger will welcome a healthy debate.
If your commenting on something really trivial, really ??? why bother??
Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one. If we all agreed in the world that would make a pretty shit place to live in my humble opinion.
Here's some tips from me
- Okay so you disagree with a blog post and/or find it offensive
- Walk away from the post and give it ten minutes
- If you still feel strongly about it, write down what you want to say
- Still feel strongly? Read it back to yourself, do you sound like a wanker?
- You do? Screw up the piece of paper and throw it in the bin along with the negativity
- You don't? Then make your comment, with your REAL NAME. Cause if we have got to this step then you should have no problem standing behind your OWN opinion
So next time really think about what your putting out there, because what you put out into the world of Karma you get back ten fold.